Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time Flies

We have been in the USA for over two months! Wow! I apologize that I have not updated our blog. I promise to be better at it.

In case you haven't heard, Ralph's father, Lee Stocks, died September 14 after struggling with cancer. The family was with him and we were grateful he did not suffer. Lee was a man of great faith and we all took comfort in that.

Currently Ralph is studying! He joined Amy & Josh with homework and reading assignments. He is taking a pastoral counseling class through Wake Forest Divinity School and his internship through the Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond, VA.

We are also speaking at churches, telling the stories of the Roma of Hungary and the way God is at work among them. Busy, busy, busy! However, we are never too busy to hear from friends - give us a call or send an email - we want to see you!

1 comment:

ildiattila said...

Dear Ralph and Tammy,
Do you know something about the following?
If yes, please let me know.
Thanks, Attila
Ildi, Attila:
A good friend of mine, who is also the Music Minister at Kathwood Baptist in Columbia, is coming to Hungary with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship to teach music and singing to the Roma community in Hungary. He leaves this Thursday PM, which means he should arrive in Budapest this Friday, October 17.
He will stay in Hungary for about a week. His name is Burt Pardue, so if you know about this group coming to Hungary, and are in the area, please greet him and mention my name and that you sang with the Arpad Darazs Singers. I am sure he would be quite surprised if he met anyone over there who used to live here in Columbia. I think he would be so thrilled to meet you, and I know you would really like him.
Hope all is well with you and I would be ecstatic if y'all get together in Hungary.
I think of you often and hope all is going well with you.
Richard (Demarest)