Saturday, December 6, 2008

Helping the Scouts with Goulash for 200!


Ministry doesn't stop just because we are no longer in Hungary. Ministry is a lifestyle for us and many others. I, Tammy, was asked to help the local Boy Scout troop at our new church, Emerywood Baptist, make goulash for the local urban ministry outreach. The boys chopped and diced. My mother-in-law, Doris, and I baked 328 cupcakes. The scout leader, John, gathered bread donations from all over the city. The boys were on hand to dish up soup, fill glasses, cut bread, and give a little Christmas cheer. It was quite a cooperative effort (where have I heard that word before??). There were four large pots of authentic Hungarian goulash and I used the last of my imported goulash cream for seasoning. It was worth it. The down-and-out that came in for the free meal were very appreciative and complimentary. It was a good experience for all of us. The presence of Christ, not matter where you are in the world...

No comments: