Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Little Mario!


I am so blessed!  The Ruth School has a scholarship program to help defray the costs of a student attending.  It's not just the teaching.  We also offer hot meals, classroom supplies, backpacks for 1st & 5th grades, clothes, shoes, health services, and other things.  For only $30 a month anyone can help the Ruth School to be a beacon in an extremely poor, depressed neighborhood of Bucharest.  OK, enough of the commercial.  You can see how much Ralph and I believe in the mission of Project Ruth!  As the old saying goes we "put our money where our mouth is" and have sponsored a student. 
His name is Mario, he's in the 2nd grade, and this is his Christmas picture.  Oh, Mario doesn't know I'm his sponsor.  However, I know he's my student.  I get to see him in the lunchroom and say, "Hey Mario, how's it going?" and hear his sweet response.  I get to see him in the classroom bent over his schoolwork or on the soccer court kicking the ball.  I get to give him a hug or a high five as I do with many of the little ones.  I feel blessed to see nearly everyday the difference the Ruth School Scholarship program is making in the lives of students.
 
How about you?  Want to make a difference? 
 

No comments: