Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Has Arrived!

Europe generally does not join in the craziness of Christmas like we do in the USA. This is one of the things I like about living here. Only recently have Christmas decorations been seen in the stores and only this week did we notice billboards with Christmas themed advertising.

I admit I do buck the trend a little though. This weekend I got out our decorations and spread the Christmas cheer throughout our small apartment. It was a challenge - I collect nativity sets and to find places for them all I had to get creative. I hung a star with lights on our living room window and when it gets dark here (4:30-5:00) it is a bright beacon on this street of tall buildings. We will wait to decorate our main tree until Amy & Josh arrive mid-December. That's a tradition.

Joyfully beginning the season of celebrating Christ's birth!

No comments: