Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lukewarm Coke?!?

We don't have to look at the calendar to know winter is nearly upon us. There are a series of signs we have come to look for in Eastern Europe as the leaves turn and the cold North wind blows in. One of them is classic: Many of the stores turn their cold drink coolers off. Yes, off! It has long been known by Americans, lovers of iced drinks, that Europe generally does not serve ice in their drinks. This is taking it a step further because of a general belief that cold things one may drink or eat in cold weather can contribute to making you sick. So I chuckled out loud yesterday as I reached for a Coke Light (Diet Coke to you Americans) and noted the cooler was off, meaning my Coke was lukewarm. I admit there are many things I like about living in Europe, but this is not one of them. :) Off to find some ice...

No comments: