Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy 6 Months!

Today marks the 6th month anniversary of our move to Bucharest.  Where did the time go?  I've gotten accustomed to getting on the elevator and praying it makes it to the 6th floor.  It seems normal to look out our window and see nothing but block buildings.  I don't even notice the numerous stray dogs lazing around in the park.  "Buna ziua" (good day) rolls off my tongue as well as "pace" (the greeting given at church). 

Most articles you read on cultural adjustment say the first six months are the honeymoon period.  Everything is exciting and new.  I think that's right.  They say reality hits in the months following.  Ralph and I are hoping to skip that phase thanks to good friends here that help in any way possible.  And good friends and family in the States that do the same.

So Happy Anniversary to Us!

No comments: